Friday, January 22, 2010

Stay-Cation/Vacation

There's nothing like an 11 day long STAY-cation to bring out the anxiety in me.  I had big plans for this week.  Mostly to start planning our wedding - which is - according to the "Plan My Wedding" iPhone app - only 8 months and 8 days away!!!  What???  I keep thinking I have like 10 months at least.

So yesterday, in an effort to be proactive we did go to the church.  We had high hopes of meeting with a priest, getting our day approved and setting up all those classes thingies (pre-canter?).  It would have been a huge achievement in our wedding planning.  Instead we were met with a very unfriendly Church Lady (she had the hair and distasteful look on her face down to a T) who made us fill out some form and told us "The priest will be getting in touch with you".

Very anti-climatic.  I mean - it wasn't like we were interviewing for a job.

Anyway, that was the extent of our wedding planning.  Yet, whenever anyone asked me what I was going to do with a whole 11 days off - my stock answer was "Plan my wedding".  I failed to mention that I would also be going out and drinking heavily, getting hungover, having multiple birthday celebrations in my honor, catching up on reality TV and buying a magazine holder for our bathroom.

Now, with only 4 days left (out of those 11), I must come up with exciting ways to spend them.  I am starting with cleaning the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment